2017 Participant Materials For LGBT Center Awareness Day
To help you celebrate with us on this special day, we've put together the following materials you can download. If you would like a hand customizing something, contact us and we'll try to lend a hand.
While we set aside October 19, 2017 for LGBT Center Awareness Day, we encourage you to celebrate on whatever day makes sense for you. We'll be streaming Instagram and Twitter posts tagged with #lgbtCAD year-round.
Note: some items are still being revised for this year's event. Check back shortly for the latest versions.
Whether you are a community center, a campus center, or just a person helping support LGBT Centers, this is what you need to help you plan a Center Awareness Day.
We've got 2 specialized guides - one for community centers and one for campus centers.
Included in these documents:
- detailed explanation of Center Awareness Day and who to contact for help in planning,
- how-to guide for media coverage
- press release template,
- event/action ideas,
- social media participation ideas,
- and many more planning ideas!
- 2016 Campus Center Planning Guide/Toolkit (PDF)
- Partner Tool Kit
Word (.docx) version of the Press Release from the ToolkitPress Release Template (MS Word)
Download this resource to help guide you or your Center in requesting a local (municipal or county) or state-wide Center Awareness Day proclamation (sometimes called a resolution, though that may be something different in your area), honoring the vital work that community centers do. In addition, CenterLink has provided a sample proclamation that we encourage you to use in your efforts.
Included in this document:
- Frequently Asked Questions about requesting a proclamation
- Two proclamation request letter templates
- A media release template for your proclamation
- Proclamation Request Kit (Word)
- Sample Proclamation
- Sample Proclamation - Word
Important: do NOT use for Facebook cover photos. They are not the correct dimensions.
Facebook Cover Photo